Statement for Peace
Unity stands for peace in the presence of conflict; for love in the presence of hatred; for forgiveness in the presence of injury. Unity honors the many names for God, the many paths to God, the many ways to worship God; for there is only one power and presence of God and that God loves each one of us equally. It is therefore the position of Unity Worldwide Ministries and Unity World Headquarters at Unity Village to urge all nations, their leaders and their people to turn to God by whatever the name for guidance during these challenging times and pursue peace, not war, for this is what honors the God of all our faith traditions. Unity stands for peace in our lifetime.
Climate Change Action Resolution
We, the leadership of Unity Worldwide Ministries, hear the urgent call to co-create a world that nourishes all life forms. We positively declare our love for and spiritual interconnectedness with all beings and our responsibility to protect the sustainability of the environment.
Aligned with the empowering spiritual teachings of Unity co-founders Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, Jesus and other inspired spiritual teachers, we advocate our worldwide prayer partners to take into affirmative prayer and meditation the personal inquiry of “what is mine to do” to improve the quality of life of all beings and our planet. UWM affirms that climate change is real and that human activity is a significant cause of climate change. UWM also acknowledges that climate change is an issue resulting in both environmental degradation and social injustice. As such, we commit to serve, as our faith leads us, to take steps in healing the planet. Unity Worldwide Ministries, in accordance with its God-centered five basic principles, commits to advancing the Unity movement by:
1. Promoting active stewardship of the environment and an awareness of our oneness with the earth.
2. Cultivating a consciousness of EarthCare that includes both spiritual and practical actions that support and balance the environment and our human needs, in accordance with Unity’s Fifth Basic Principle, “Through thoughts, words and actions, we live the Truth we know.”
3. Promoting sustainable living practices that honor the earth's ecosystems and resources in a responsible manner.
4. Transforming attitudes and commitments by embracing concrete actions that reduce human ecological impact and promote social justice for all.
5. Educating, supporting and encouraging individuals to align their (individual) lifestyle choices with values that promote environmental sustainability and recognition of their moral imperative to care for creation.
Honoring Diversity Within the Unity Movement
We recognize and honor the Divine within as the one common denominator that we share on our human journey.
The living heart of Unity understands and manifests its support of this Divinity by recognizing there is inherent good in all people. Unity Worldwide Ministries, its members and affiliates, welcome with love all people in every form of God’s creation, regardless of how that creation presents itself.
It is the intent that Unity organizations are inclusive and non-discriminatory. We honor all components that contribute to the diversity of community. We afirm and support Unity principles and programs that manifest diversity in our teachings, policies, buildings and within our communities.
We are resolute in walking the course of human rights and social justice for all. —August 2016